Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Friday, December 28, 2012

(Un) Happy Birthday

I'm alive, I swear.

This week has been one of the most emotionally draining and horrific weeks of my life.

I think the lowest point was when I found myself sobbing on my bathroom floor at 3:30 a.m. on my birthday. What a fabulous way to start the next year of my life.

Yeah, my birthday was yesterday.

I don't want to get into all the dirty little details, but let's just say there were certain people who made my life a living hell.

I haven't been getting much sleep either. Like, I think it has been over three months since I've had more than five hours of sleep at night.

Despite being an exhausted sad wreck, there were some highlights.

My friend Andrew and I had a joint birthday party last week. My best friend Jonny flew in from New York City just to attend. I hadn't seen him since this summer!

Here are some photos:

Me & Andrew

Me & Jonny

Me & Rian

My friend Craig

It was a fun time with lots of people. We even had a few party crashers, who we welcomed because they brought expensive booze.

Craig (above) made me the most amazing Morrissey-themed birthday present which I immediately put up in my apartment next to my Marilyn wine bottles:


So, see, my life isn't really that bad. I have wonderful friends.

Anyway, I'm sorry for not being around lately. The stress of the holidays, mixed in with a jaw-dropping amount of work, just took over my life this month.

I hope your December has been awesome!

17 comments:

A Very Sweet Blog said...

hey jennifer, i am so sorry to hear this. i've had birthday's like that to. you have some wonderful friends, but it also seems like you have some not so good ones too. take an inventory of anyone that makes you sad and delete them from your life. if it's family, that's hard to do but keep them at a distance. anyone that causes that much pain is not worth it. you'll feel a lot better. i hope this passes soon for you. you deserve happiness! miss you girl!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

David Macaulay said...

aw sorry to hear - and I thought you'd be glugging champagne and having a wild time - email me if you need to OK :)

Alex Byer said...

I'm sorry to hear your birthday wasn't all rainbows and sparkles, but I'm glad you still had a fun one. Me love you long time.

The Grande Dame said...

So sorry to hear your birthday was not the happy occasion it should have been! I'm hoping things will pick up for you and you can wear a smile on your gorgeous face again. Sometimes tough times seem like the won't end so I hope there's some joy around the corner for you soon. xx

Unknown said...

hope you feel better now babe!

Imogen said...

So sorry to hear all that. I must say that I can definitely relate. Good to hear that you have some wonderful friends (including so many here!) and it is great to see another post from you.

Sherin said...

Hope everything is ok with you!
Glad to hear you had a good party with fun friends!

cricketfreak said...

Just kick the losers out of your life.

Jade | The Jade Aesthetic said...

Belated Happy Birthday! Life isn't life until you're crying in a bathroom anyway. Hope you had a lovely Christmas anyway and it's good to hear that whoever these idiots are at least didn't manage to ruin your party! Happy New Year, hope you have a great 2013 x

Vix said...

I'm sorry your birthday was an unhappy one despite spending it with friends and having a Morrissey themed present. Things can only get batter. xxx

Shybiker said...

Sorry 'bout the hard times, bud. Hope next year is better for you.

sherene said...

I can relate.:(
This past few days im a total wreck, im crying all the time and im fighting with my husband.
I love my life right now, but i wish its safer and people are nicer.
I have a feeling u will be my best buddy if you are near me:)

Alicia Bondio said...

awwww hun I am so sorry to hear your birthday went so terriable :( I am glad you atleast had some good friends to help keep a smile on your face! :) On another note, I MISSED YOU!!!!!!! <3

BIG hugs and happy new year wishes,
TheRitzyFlapper

Barbara von Enger said...

Belated birthday wishes. So sorry to hear the birthday wasn't fancy or fanciful, on the other hand, you laughed, shared and enjoyed. XX

Arielle-HumblePieVintage said...

Sorry your birthday was so shitty. :[
I hate evil people.

Elisse said...

Sorry that your birthday didn't start off well :( But i'm glad that your joint birthday celebrations reunited you with some important and cherished friends. Take care, and all the best for this new birthday year!

Tights Lover said...

Happy (belated) birthday!

I hope you're feeling better and your new year is off to a great start!