A lot of you have been asking how I am lately. It makes me smile to know I have such wonderful blogging buddies.
The truth is, I am okay. I am not happy but I am also not bawling my eyes out every five minutes like before.
I am getting used to being unemployed and doing absolutely nothing except sitting in my apartment, applying for jobs online and waiting for Rian to get home.
It has been a strange experience.
In fact, being at home all day and all night has been a bit like Rear Window.
Stuff I have done since being unemployed:
1. I accidentally called the police on my apartment building's groundskeeper. How was I to know the man walking around the building three times a day was a legitimate employee?!
2. I discovered the little Mexican boy who lives across from me apparently thinks I'm a serial killer. Every time I come upstairs after taking out the trash, he opens his door to look at me. When we make eye contact, he screams and slams the door shut.
3. The person who lives in the apartment next to me NEVER comes out. But I know the person is still alive because I hear their shower go off every single day at around 4 p.m.
4. I am almost fairly certain that the attractive 30-something-year-old blonde woman who lives diagonal to me is having an affair. Because every week day, her husband leaves for work and one or two hours later, a rough looking Italian man drops by and leaves right before her husband gets back.
5. Oh, and the 20-something-year-old pot head who lives beneath me is a complete loser and yet is completely irresistible to women somehow. He plays video games all day. And yet three times I have seen three different girls sitting outside his apartment door, crying, begging to be let inside. "I love you," a pretty brunette sobbed on Monday afternoon. "Oh my god I want to DIE! I LOVE YOU!" What. The. Fuck.
6. Living with a male canary is like living with a screaming baby, if not worse. They don't sing, they scream very high-pitched. I had to put my canary, Moses, in a closet for an hour just so I could gather my thoughts. (Note: I would not do that to a baby).
7. When I get really bored, I take a shower. Last Wednesday, I took five showers in one day.
8. I discovered five items of expensive clothing in my closet that I totally forgot about and never wore.
9. Thanks to Facebook and two hours of boredom, I now know everything I need to know about my ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend. Tiffany LOVES purely decadent coconut milk vanilla bean ice cream and "listening to some Fergilicious with my gal pals!!!". Bitch.
10. I think Miss Fine from The Nanny might be my soul mate.
Don't worry, the past couple weeks haven't been TOO miserable for me! My bff Jonny came to visit me this weekend from Dallas! He always keeps it real. He's never afraid to tell me when I need to get my brows plucked or if its time to drop a few pounds. Haha.
On Friday, I approached Jonny outside my apartment complex, wearing my pink satin pajamas and vintage fur coat and over sized sunglasses. He looked genuinely appalled.
"This is all very Ab Fab," he said, waving his finger at my ensemble. "But this has GOT to stop. Like, right now."
Hahaha! Don't you love him?
Did I stop? No, of course not! I'm wearing the damn coat with pajamas as I type this blog!
Here is a cute photo of us:
Thanks for reading my blog! I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! xoxo