Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

An Awesome Weekend



Life is never dull when you're best friends with a Jenny or a Kerrie.

We spent Labor Day weekend being awesome. We had an awesome time. We drank awesome shooters, listened to awesome music, and just sat around and soaked up each other's awesomeness.

Oh, and we visited a few of our artist friends who had galleries opening too.

Art Gallery Hopping













Top Ten Awesome Things about J&K Art Gallery Hopping:

10. Getting drunk and running into people we had hoped to avoid.
9. Accidentally ordering an actual bucket of rum at a gay bar.
8. Scaring poor, poor Craig with our outbursts of love.
7. Violently fighting over Craig.
6. Bumping into a college friend I haven't seen in six years.
5. Kerrie telling that friend I am engaged (I'm not).
4. Me going along with it because I think it's hilarious.
3. Crashing a party we weren't invited to, where we dirty danced, tossed around arrogant insults to hot guys, drank all their beer, and then left abruptly.
2. Detouring to the emergency room for a few hours because of a weird incident.
1. Waking up the next morning to several texts from old college friends, congratulating me on my non-existent engagement.

The following night was much more tame.

Sleepover Night











Top Ten Awesome Things About Sleepover Night with J&K

10. Watching Beverly Hills 90210 while eating junk food.
9. Makeovers!!
8. Running around outside at 2 a.m.
7. Running around outside at 2 a.m. wearing sunglasses and giggling.
6. Eating chocolate ice cream until our stomachs hurt.
5. Gossiping like middle-schoolers.
4. Kerrie teaching me new hairstyles.
3. Looking through Kerrie's awesome textbooks for her fashion design class.
2. We may or may not have done prank calls.
1. Making more awesome plans for the future.

I hope all of you are having an AWESOME week! (Too much awesomeness? Shut up, you love it!)

36 comments:

Liv said...

Awesome post chock full of awesomey awesomeness! Never too much awesomeness!
I had quite the sublimely awesome weekend in NYC myself. Going back to work today? Not so awesome.

So happy you had a kick ass weekend! :-)

http://idlefascination.blogspot.com/

MariahSmile said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! P.S. Your hair is so pretty!

Barry said...

Love this!

xo

Ton Amour said...

I also accused my boyfriend of being a German insurgent that night... "Eww , you smell like beer and cigarettes... BYE!" Oh the things we get ourselves into... I love us.

20 YORK STREET said...

I love the prank calls and eating away too much choc ice cream!

Courtney Erin said...

Cool photos! Looks like you had a marvelous weekend!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

ching said...

i had so much fun reading those tope tens.haha
definitely treasure those kind of friends.

Josie said...

This was clearly the awesomestly awesome post ever. And dear girl, it's always good to see you so HAPPY! Friends are the best, no?
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Sherin said...

I so badly need your friends! It sounds like it was such ana awesomely amazing weekend!!

Vix said...

Looks like a real laugh. You look hot and you seem to know some very tasty men. xxx

Leia said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend! :)

Leia

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

adorable
xx

Couture Carrie said...

So fun, darling!
Love these pics and your top 10 lists, too!

xoxox,
CC

Angela said...

sleepover is so much fun.... : )

Tights Lover said...

Hahaha. I love it! My definite favorites are #3 of the art bar hopping and #2 of the sleepover. I love all the photos. I was able to catch up with a few friends over the weekend myself...always a good time!

btw, I loved your comment yesterday. No, it does not make me hate you. I love when stuff like that happens...it's like getting new stuff all over again! I hope you get a chance to enjoy them now that you found them again.

...And you're definitely in my Top 10 'must reads' as well!

Your second comment made me laugh pretty hard. Shouldn't that always be the word verification on my blog?

Anonymous said...

I love hearing when people have great weekends!

Always love your photos!

xoxo

Oh to Be a Muse said...

looks like you all had a great time. i need to have a sleepover!

http://ohtobeamuse.com

noone said...

lol sounds like you had a great weekend. party crashing is always fun and 90210 was one of my guilty pleasures :D

glee said...

glad to see you having fun, girl. it's contagious. :)

Closet Fashionista said...

Fun!!! Sounds like youve been having an awesome time ;)
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

chic it easy said...

Everything looks so fun!!


chiciteasy.blogspot.com

Laura Tenshi said...

:)) Glad to see you are happy and well. Sleepovers were so fun back in high school, we did prank calls too and ate junk food. I should go back to those days sometimes too, but no one's left there. You are lucky to have great friends.

Gorgeous Glam said...

What a fun-filled life you lead my dear! hugs

Madeline Weber said...

woah looks like you DID have an awesome weekend!
love your dress!

im following you now, follow me back if you like my blog! thanks for the comment ( :

xxx http://madelineweber.blogspot.com/

devilishlypleasurable said...

looks like loads of fun.. i always love sleepovers too

Sydnie said...

Looks like you had a great time! Love all of the pictures! :)

Sydnie
www.takemeouttotherunway.blogspot.com

Becky Tjandera said...

Lol seems so much friend with your best friend ! I'm jealous ! Haha

Dina's Days said...

hahah you may or may have not pranked people. I wanna hang out with you!

Dina's Days said...

Oh and besides the perfect teeth we discussed on facebook, your hair looks sooo cute in braids!

Rachel @ The Haute Notes said...

It sounds like you all had such a fun weekend! :)

Abi said...

You girlies are too precious. Looks like a fun weekend all alround!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

So glad you had a fab long weekend and now it's Friday again! :)

Unknown said...

ah sounds like you had fun!

Missy
Blending Style, Beauty and Fashion
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

NICOLE said...

"Sitting around soaking up each others awesomeness" - Best soundbyte of summer & true for me too. xoxo

Oracle Fox said...

Great post, it's looks like you had such a fun weekend! Action packed! hehe

Anonymous said...

0, expired tetracycline,