Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Random Shit

Thanks for the Merry Christmases and Happy Birthdays.

I wish I could say things are better.

But life still sucks!



Yes, that's me. Courtesy of the boyfriend. And it's exactly how I feel lately. Like a floating head in a red sea of doom. I'm reeeeally hoping things are going to be better for me in the new year. But I've said that twice already on this blog the past two new years, and it's become a bit of a joke statement.

Har, har.

Things will get better on this blog, at least. So that's good news, right? I actually have a list of posts just waiting to be created. The topics are endless, my time is not. Blurg.

I have a new pet. It is my first pet since Moses, the canary I had to eventually give to my mother.

Moses sang so fucking loud, it was getting out of control. Like, I would be driving into the parking lot of the apartment complex and I could hear him wailing away. And he loved to compete with Rian's guitar playing, which didn't go over well. We started putting Moses in the closet to shut him up, but that didn't work either. So my mom took him in.

Anyway, this new pet doesn't make a peep!

My friend and I share joint custody over this betta fish, Mr. Sakana. Craig had him for the summer and fall months. Now it's my shift.



Like most children from broken homes, Mr. Sakana is stressed out and frustrated by the change. He swims around furiously, glaring at me and ignoring his new step-father, Rian. But that's life. We can't choose our family.

I wish I had more exciting news to share. Or, at least something way cooler than bragging about a fish.

Oh well.

I hope you're having a good week!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha I literally have the exact same beta fish. THEY LIVE FOREVER. Consider yourself warned.

A BRIT GREEK said...

Gorgeous fish, is that even weird to say that?!

Lady, if I could you give you a hug right now, I would. Things are going to get better but the first thing you gotta do is change your attitude to whatever the hell is bugging you or making you upset. -You know I'm only saying this cos I care about you, right?

There is someone else out there who is probably leading a more shittier life and has more problems than you do... Be happy kitten, you have a lot to be positive about (your youth and your brilliant wit and writing) - Diamond earrings, I wish someone would have bought me some bling over Xmas in the form of gems!

x.o.x.o

Shannon said...

I once had a cat named Moses.

But then again, I once had cats named Cheech and Chong. Cheech got ran over by a car so I just had one cat named Chong. That was weird.


Where was I going with this....

Kitty Moore said...

Just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year (things can only get better) x

Shybiker said...

Hang in there, buddy. Life will get better.

Shalini said...

Oh man, here's to hoping Mr. Sakana doesn't lash out at you or dye his hair red or write poetry in the basement. (Also, I bet this year WILL be better. I bet...a bajillion imaginary dollars it will be!)

btd. said...

This new year will be better, for the both of us Jen. :) I can't wait for all the posts you have lined up! I usually don't like fish but the one you have is pretty! I hope he becomes nice to you & Rian!

French Girl in Seattle said...

You are a good person. I would have been tempted to wring the poor bird's neck! He kept singing in the closet, really?! Yikes! At least the fish won't be such a pain, and don't worry: Children are adaptable you know! ;-) How is the new job going? You have not mentioned it for a while... Big hugs Jenny. Hang in there. Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

Sherin said...

Hope 2012 is a trillion times better for you!

Oooo, a fish. I used to have tons, and know I wish I kept them. Have fun with it.

Gayatri said...

What a cute fish! And I just know 2012 will be better for you. Trust me!

Anonymous said...

Haha, I don't have any pets, I'd love a little fishy!

Bhav x

Anonymous said...

I used to have a fish like that when I was a kid and I named it Ming.

Mabel
Mabel Time

Josie said...

Jen, I'm so sorry that things are so rough for you right now! I'd love to give you a great big hug. On the bright side, new pets are the best.
xo Josie

Meri said...

haha- I love the idea of sharing custody of a pet! I could maybe do half-time, commit to that :)

David Macaulay said...

the card is clever but somewhat unsettling - sure things will get better, Kiddo.

Anonymous said...

i use to have a beta. they are fun. happy holidays!!!!

✗✗ said...

Things will get better in time I promise ya'! I hope the new year will be so much better for you!! I can't wait for your upcoming posts, you have such an amazing blog. Your new fish is beautiful!! I used to have a similar fish. Gotta love them.

Unknown said...

awesome pet. happy new year love! hope all is well on your end! :)

Sam said...

Hi Sweety, I hope that things get better on your side. Wishing you a fantastic New Years, may 2012 bring you lots of luck, love, success and happiness. May all your troubles disappear and may all your goals be accomplished.
Luv, Sam

Alandre said...

I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com