Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I wanna be...

A few months ago, I did a post about my top five favorite television hotties.

Now, it's my turn to tell you about my top five television female crushes. Well, crush may be the wrong word. You see, I kind of want to BE these characters. They are so fabulous, I would do anything to be in their shoes. (And in a few cases, I mean that literally).

Here we go:

Brenda Walsh, Beverly Hills 90210



Shannen Doherty became the face of the 90s when "Beverly Hills, 90210" hit the small screen. Her character, Brenda, is a realistic mix of sweetness, cuteness, girl-next-door-ness, and awesomeness. I'm not gonna lie: she's a bit stuck up, takes everything a waaaay bit too seriously, and is quick to be bitchy when she's defending herself (which is, like, all the time). But hey, we all have flaws. Hers are just fabulous, that's all.
Bonus: Her boyfriend is super hottie Dylan.
Drawback: Her twin brother is super hottie Brandon. Sigh.


Gabrielle Solis, Desperate Housewives



I honestly think Eva Longoria is one of the most beautiful women in the world. Her only flaw is being too gorgeous, perhaps. The same can be said for her bitchy, helplessly snobby housewife persona, Gabrielle. Obsessed with designer clothes and always clad in stilettos, Gabrielle is everything I want to be. And more. Plus, she gets the best one-liners on primetime television. Anyone who can admit "being high maintenance is my only skill" and make it seem absolutely adorable is a hero in my book.
Bonus: She's fucking fabulous.
Drawback: She's stuck in the suburbs.


Chrissy Snow, Three's Company



Suzanne Somers made being a dumb blonde the coolest thing in the world back in the mid-1970s. With her shiny, perfect hair and fun retro outfits, Chrissy Snow is by far the cutest character in Three's Company. Even when she gets utterly confused by something so simple, or twists her sentences around in a dizzying array, she still manages to be a delight. You can't say that about too many people. Being dumb was never more fun!
Bonus: She gets to live with hottie Jack Tripper.
Drawback: Her lack of intelligence often gets her into sticky situations.


Kelly Kapowski, Saved By the Bell



Tiffani Amber Thiessen portrayed Kelly, the ultimate Teen Dream, on America's favorite Saturday morning special. When I was in elementary school, I perceived Kelly as the All-American Girl. She was beautiful, popular, head cheerleader, and had a smile that could brighten Alaska during winter. I wanted to be her. Badly.
Bonus: All the guys at Bayside High School are in love with her.
Drawback: Even with her pick of the guys, she ends up marrying gel-head Zack Morris.


Lucille Bluth, Arrested Development



She may not be the prettiest or youngest character, but this matriarch of the formerly wealthy, currently dysfunctional Orange County Bluth family can hold her own with anyone. Lucille, played by veteran actress Jessica Walter, is not afraid to tell people how much they suck and judge them with one snide look, all while polishing off a martini and a piece of toast at 9 a.m.
Bonus: Her days are spent drinking liquor and looking fabulous.
Drawback: Her family is bankrupt and her husband is in jail.

So...those are my choices. What do you think? Which television gals do YOU want to be?

56 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Dude, I watch 90210 reruns like every day. I had forgotten how UBER hot Dylan was! It still annoys me to this day that he ended up with Kelly. HA!

p.s. Our blog has moved! We would love for you to visit us at our new site: http://www.bonbonrosegirls.com/
Unfortunately, if you followed us with Google Friend Connect you'll have to re-follow but everything else is the same! Hugs, K

Unknown said...

i love arrested development! havent found anyone else who atched it though! you heard they might be doing a film?

Missy
Blending Style, Beauty and Fashion
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

Barbara von Enger said...

Would not want to be anyone else - in television or otherwise, but Eva is so HOT!;-)

drollgirl said...

HA! brenda walsh?!?!? you are so funny!

humph. who would i want to be? she is not a tv star, but i always thought joan jett was cool. and she still looks great. same with cindy crawford.

and thank you for your sweet comment -- i really appreciate it.

JUST ME said...

Sookie on True Blood. Come ON. Best life ever.

Especially with Eric being around all the time...

Oh to Be a Muse said...

can i just say i'm with you all the way on kelly k. she was one of my favorites! and omg, her hair looks amazing in this photo. i just loved saved by the bell!

http://cherylclarke.blogspot.com

Amber Lucas A Mused Blog said...

I didn't know there was a marriage on SBTB!

Great post. I love it when you do these. I love Eva

Amber
ambersmouthwash

Liv said...

Hahaha! Love this list!
I definitely second the love for Chrissy Snow but I'd round out my top five with:
-Cordelia Chase (Buffy, pre-Angel)
-Karen Walker (Will & Grace)
-Denise Huxtable (The Cosby Show)
-Sloan McQuewick (Entourage)

http://idlefascination.blogspot.com/

MY REPUBLIC OF FASHION said...

God, I used to love Saved by the Bell. I always wanted to be Kelly.:)SarahD

Sherin said...

I so adly wanted to be Kelly Kapowski as well. She was soooo pretty and cool.

Josie said...

YES, Brenda Walsh! I also hardcore want to be her. And seriously, Dylan is my life. He is so beautiful. It's really disgusting how obsessed I am with this show considering I was all of three months old when it premiered, haha.
xxoo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Tights Lover said...

Awesome post! I love Kelly Kapowski, but I guess I gotta go with Gabrielle...I mean, have you seen the lingerie she wears?

...oh yeah...I guess you have...it's in the picture you posted...hahaha.

Jx said...

ahhh Kelly Kapowski.... that fringe was amazing! xx

Damsels said...

love eva longorai parker too! its a plus ofr me that shes short and cute like me

Bionica said...

lmao at Kelly & Zack he is cute
that smile =)
but I totally love Blair from GossipGirl because I dunno... her clothes are fabulous and so is she lol

xoxo
-Bionica

Gorgeous Glam said...

What a cute post!! I always wanted to be Punky Brewster!!xoxo

POPPY FRENCH said...

I am watching arrested development right now while reading your blog. She is amazing!

Erica said...

Back in the day I aspired to be like all the chicks in 90210. Those were the days (sigh).
www.poolovesboo.blogspot.com

FASHION CHALET said...

KELLY!

Always wanted to be still want to be her! ;)

Thanks for the lovely comments, never corny always cute! :)



xx

Elle said...

I adore Eva Longoria and totally wish I were as tiny and beautiful as she is sometimes! Gabrielle is a great character too...

Unknown said...

luke perry for life!!

Lynzy said...

Gotta go with kelly!!! 90210 always a favorite !!

http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

Heather Taylor said...

YES, Lucille Bluth! I think she's so incredibly witty and hilarious and on that show, she's only adding extra icing on what was a great show with the best cast I've seen in ages.
If I had to be a TV character, hmm, I'd like to be either Joan Holloway on Mad Men or Annie Edison on Community or even Angela Chase from My So-Called Life. Which I realize isn't on the air anymore but it was fantastic when it was.

Breezer said...

What a fun and funny post! I'm right there with you about Kelly Kapowski. Saved by the Bell was, like, the best show ever.

Love your blog!

Leia said...

can I be Gabrielle Solis? Pleeeease?

Couture Carrie said...

Super fun and nostalgic post!

Donna Martin graduates!!!

xoxox,
CC

stells and co. said...

Love all your choices! Amazing!!!!

Closet Fashionista said...

Weee Kelly, haha!!!
Hmm...mine are probably Rory and Lorelei Gilmore ;)
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Wrecked Stellar said...

Love the Brenda and Kelly picks! I really loved Crystal from Dynasty- she was older, but I always thought she was super pretty and classy. Evie from Out of this World was also pretty cool with her super powers!

Audrey Allure said...

I've always wanted to be Kelly too from Saved By the Bell; but have the same relationship that Topanga did with Cory in Boy Meets World. haha.

Valerie said...

I just found your blog and I love it! Three's Company is still one of my favorite shows and Chrissy Snow was the best! I also love Kelly Kapowski and Eva Longoria. This was an awesome list of girl crushes!

Valerie

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ohmigosh YES! I ALWAYS wanted to be Kelly Kapowski. I literally thought she was the most amazing person ever!

I also wanted to be Alex Mack from "The Secret World of Alex Mack." Hello, she was so tomboyish-cute! :)

Anonymous said...

hey,

Je vous conseille à tous deux blogs qui sont trés prometteur, et qui sont super :)

http://mary-mode.blogspot.com
http://thekillingmoonconfused.blogspot.com

Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

Ohhh I wish I were watching television! I know that's weird, right?? But wait, I do have male crushes but females...ummm..prpbably Scully (Gillian Anderson) from X-files...and Izzy (Katherine Heigl) frm Grey's Anatomy! :)

Laura Tenshi said...

I used to love watching these shows.I wasn't a fan of Brenda,but I liked her more than Kelly.I liked Tiffani in Saved by the bell and if I have to chose I would pick her as my "dream character in a TV show" Nowadays I like Robin from How I met your mother.

noone said...

haha I used to watch 90210 even though my parents banned me from it! I loved that show! And arrested development is another great show too

stylefrontier said...

whops! i dont watch them..
probably they are not in my era
only watch the new 90210


xoxo

Haute World said...

Oh, I used to be such a 90210 fan and Brenda was my favorite! And seeing the pics of Tiffani as Kelly sure brings back memories as well...

Sarah from 20somethingcupcakes said...

Hands down - Kelly Kapowski. I used to think I was her! xxSAS

Becky Tjandera said...

Wow seriously . I never watched even one of these shows . Lol . But they seem to have a very very good life .

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

Ooo Kelly Kapoweski!!! Great pick, she is so cute and pretty

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

Ooo Kelly Kapoweski!!! Great pick, she is so cute and pretty

D e g a i n e said...

you chose the best characters from all those amazing shows! Love 90210! Great blog and post, just found it now


D E G A I N E

http://www.fashiondegaine.com

Adele said...

Haha I know its not TV but Megan Fox would definitely be on mine!Haha
- Adele
MOLTOCURIOSA.COM

www.majormusthaves.com said...

Eve is beautiful. I love all these shows.

Rachel @ The Haute Notes said...

Kelly Kapowski! Yesss! Hahahaha. I used to love Saved By the Bell.

Cupcakes are fashion ! said...

Oh yeah I love Gabrielle Solis too !

http://cupcakesarefashion.blogspot.com/

XOXO, C.

Joellen said...

I love Kelly!! Looking back at old Saved by the Bell epis, I can spot almost every style of AA's loosk haha

joellenlove.blogspot.com

Noble Beeyotch said...

I wanna be Eva Longoria too. She has such an awesome wardrobe on the show as well as in real life!


xoxo.
www.callmestylista.blogspot.com

Style with Benefits said...

Hey lady! OK, great picks, but I'm going to go with Kelly from Saved By the Bell. I mean, she was head cheerleader & got with Zack! :)

Hope you have a fab weekend!

xo, becs

Ashley said...

Ah, I am *so* with you on all of these characters!! But especially Gabriella Solis and Lucille Bluth, for entirely different reasons, lol! Gabby for the looks, Lucille because I <3 Arrested Development! If I could add one, it would be Blair Waldorf - mostly for the wardrobe!

-Ashley
http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

thanks for your lovely comment sweetie!

Missy
Blending Style, Beauty and Fashion
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

Anna Katrina said...

oh i agree with your picks my favorite of them is
Kelly Kapowski she was just so adorable. saved by the bell was the best


Anna Katrina
http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics!

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

ha, i LOVE arrested development! lucille bluth, i heart you!

Angela said...

ah... bring back memories.... : )