Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saving up for Spring

Spring is coming fast this year.

The warm weather is appearing. My hair is becoming a little more shiny. The spring fashion issue of Elle is sitting on my coffee table. And for the past two weeks, I have been furiously browsing the spring collections of every designer and store possible.

Obviously because of my financial woes, my budget for spring clothes is tight this year. As I'm sure it is for everyone, considering the dismal economy.
So no designer clothes for me this spring, unfortunately.
I have already kept my eye on a few interesting items, however, so I will be prepared in case Rian gets a job this month. Once he starts paying the rent, the bills, and the groceries, I will have some money to buy clothes (which I have not done in over two months, oh my god).

First, every spring I buy a "spring dress." My lame name for it should not overshadow its importance. It is essential for those beautiful sunny days when the temperature is perfect: crystal blue skies with a slight breeze.
Hopefully, one of these dresses will be mine in a few weeks. A crisp white cardigan would perfect the outfit later that evening, when the air gets crisp.

Speaking of cardigans, I think this one in gray would be perfect with a black tank top and jeans.

Also, and I'm not sure why, but every spring I also buy a new LBD. The habit started five years ago when I had to purchase one as a bridesmaid. I fell in love with this little black dress from Forever 21 because its sexy and super cheap.

And I'm not sure yet, but it might go perfectly with these satin rosette heels I discovered at White House/Black Market the other day.

Obviously my spring shopping isn't over yet. These are only a few items I'm considering.

If Rian doesn't get a job soon, I will surely lose my mind. I have never gone an entire season without buying new clothes. Giving up designer this spring is one thing, but to give up shopping in general...I'd rather go without eating for two months.

I wish I knew how to sew.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anthro is so fantastic...but a little out of my budget, too. Love that black dress and shoes, too.

Unknown said...

Okay number one, I like that I made you smile. Because that's good.

Number two, you know that designer doesn't always have to be the solution right? People around me think I'm so super rich and decked out in designer, when in reality it just takes vintage and of course style. Yes, duh, I own designer but not as much as people think

Number three, check Polyvore. ;) Brace yourself.

starbrained said...

That black dress is very nice. And it's from f21? Good deal, indeed.