Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Jenny Benny



This is a shout out to my sister, Jenn.

(Okay, she's not really my sister. But a Chinese woman at the mall three years ago accidentally took us for that, so it only validates our claim that we should be).

We were socially awkward 13-year-olds who met in middle school. She was adorable and sweet and the friendliest girl at school. I was a little monster with crooked teeth and long, stringy hair who never wore the same outfit twice. I owned more pleated skirts than necessary. (My fashion Bibles at the time were Seventeen and Clueless).

We clicked instantly. We immediately declared sisterhood. We chased cute boys together. We volunteered at the library together. We took silly photography and art classes together. We shopped together. We did photo shoots together. We played Sweet Valley High board games together. And for the past eleven years, our bond has only gotten stronger.

And I have been so proud to watch her grow into a gorgeous, intelligent, and classy woman.

She is now a graduate student in Milwaukee, perfecting her vocals for when she becomes a big Broadway or Hollywood star.

We don't see each other as often as we should now, which sucks. But that's what happens when you grow up. But we see each other everyday on Facebook and talk as often as we can on the phone. And we are going to see each other this summer.

But I still miss her terribly...



Happy birthday, Jenn! I hope you have a fabulous day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so cute!

Anonymous said...

You are a gem Jenny-Benny. I know we will be sisters and best-friends forever. I love you!

Kate Maureen said...

Really beautiful photos!

starbrained said...

You're both so cute! And your friendship is so amazing/beautiful. I honestly doubt that I'll still be friends with the people I met when I was 13 after high school. That sounds awful saying that but it's true.

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

thats such a lovely friendship picture! i feel the same way towards my bff-we're like sisters!

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Aww, that's so sweet. :) Hopefully that's Emma and I in the future.

And YES Emma is a doll. ;)