The lovely Melanie tagged me to do this quiz. It was fun because I like to talk about myself.
1. What books are on your favorite shelf?
All the Shopaholics books, Harry Potter books, Jane Austen books
2. What DVD's are on your favorite shelf?
Brideshead Revisited, Mean Girls, The Devil Wears Prada, Amelie, The Office television series, The Simpsons television series
3. What are your two favorite cookbooks?
French Women Don't Get Fat and its sequel
4. Select 1-3 recipes you would cook for guests.
I make a pretty good hobo chili, fluffy pink cupcakes, and hummus
5. What will we be drinking that's available.
Red wine, rum, pineapple juice, vodka, gin, champagne, bottled water or chocolate milk. (That's all I have at home).
And 10 Secrets just because:
1. When I first started my job at the newspaper three years ago, I was 93 pounds.
2. I am afraid of butterflies.
3. The first boy I ever fell in love with turned out to be gay. Very gay.
4. I see having children as an obligation rather than something I want to do.
5. I have a soft spot for pink fluffy cupcakes.
6. The only two serious boyfriends I have ever had have been to jail on drug-related incidents. One for stealing drug money; the other for dealing. Ironically, I have never done drugs.
7. My current boyfriend used to be a Hindu monk at a monastery outside San Diego. Which is funny since he is actually Native American (the other Indian).
8. I hate when strangers ask me about India, just based on my skin color and last name. Chances are, they know more than I do. My dad came to the USA 40 years ago and never went back or looked back. It's like, your last name happens to be German. Should I ask you a million questions about Germany?
9. When I was 19 I had such bad acne, I never looked people in the eye or took up offers for dates. I hated myself. But it gradually went away after a year and now I rarely get blemishes and my skin is very clear. I'm not sure what happened.
10. I don't know how to apply makeup properly. I only wear lipstick because it's the only thing I can't screw up. :(
Okay, well that ended up being True Confessions rather than light-hearted secrets. Haha.
I am tagging you all! I am looking forward to seeing your answers!
I'm going to leave you with a goofy picture of me. My friend Nadine sent me this photo from our thrift store shopping extravaganza last weekend. I tried on this crazy red dress for kicks. I didn't buy it. I didn't think it was my style!
Must See TV: Time Warp Wives
2 hours ago