Friday, October 8, 2010
Dennis Haskins, who played Mr. Belding on Saved By The Bell, randomly made a special appearance late last night at a Mexican restaurant here in town. Of course, Rian and I raced over there immediately, as we grew up with the show.
I was really excited that we caught up with my friend Monica & her buddies at the event. Children of the 90s unite!! Hehe!
Monica even got Mr. Belding to sign her Bayside High t-shirt, which I thought was the coolest thing ever! He seemed more than happy to oblige. I think the television icon was flattered by all the attention he was receiving from pretty young women!
Oh, and in case you don't recognize Mr. Belding because he has, erm, gotten a little older in the past 20 years, here is a pic of him with the cast of Saved By The Bell.
Overall, it was one of the best nights I've had in a long time. Before we saw Mr. Belding, Rian and I went out to dinner and played a few rounds of bowling. It had been a very long time since we'd had a real date! :)
Anyways, I thought I would resume with my 10 Days of Blogging project, which I kind of pushed aside due to my recent guest posts. For more information, you can read about it here.
Day 2: Nine Things About Yourself That Most People Don't Know
1. In addition to having my photo taken with Mr. Belding, I also have my photo taken with Marion Ross, who played Mrs. Cunningham on Happy Days. I met her at a seafood restaurant in my town four years ago.
2. I have spent most of my life wishing that I had auburn hair. (Which unfortunately would just look ridiculous against my tan skin, otherwise I would have totally dyed it by now).
3. I am not as smart as I think I am.
4. A few years ago, when I was a newspaper reporter, I wrote a story about an unidentified man who was caught robbing houses in a nearby town. I found out two weeks later, the man was my ex-boyfriend. He went to jail for six months for it. Needless to say, I was horrified.
5. The only two guys I dated in high school turned out to be gay.
6. I have never fantasized about my future wedding(s), not even as a little girl. Weddings, in fact, have always bored me.
7. Sometimes my road rage can be a bit frightening.
8. I have a really hard time remembering what life was like before I got facebook six years ago.
9. I am now addicted to frozen yogurt, which is a good thing because it's healthier than my previous addiction, cupcakes.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! xoxo