Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Review: Corioliss Curling Wand



I'm sorry for the poor quality of the photo, but I had to show you: this is what my hair looked like last night. And I had curled it yesterday morning!

Awesome, right?

This is the result of a fabulous product I was sent to review: the Corioliss curling wand.

After my review on a hair dryer I did a month ago, the awesome people at Misikko sent me this new hair instrument to review.

I will admit I was a bit skeptical at first. I don't have very good luck with curling irons. It usually takes a night's worth of uncomfortable foam curlers to make my hair stay bouncy and curly for a long period of time. My hair tends to fall flat from curling irons after a few hours.

The Corioliss curling wand is another story.

Unlike most other curling irons, the curling wand does not have a clamp. It is basically a long stick. Apparently I'm kind of ditzy, because I had no idea how to use this product at first. I stared at it for a really long time, perplexed, until I decided to take the curling wand to my parents' house. My mom, a licensed cosmetologist, patiently explained how to use it and I felt really silly afterwards.

Because a curling wand is fairly easy to use. You basically just curl your hair around the stick. Duh.

What I loved about this curling wand is that it took only 30 seconds to heat up, once plugged in. That's an awesome time saver for all you students and working girls.

Plus, it only took TEN MINUTES to curl my hair. And as you can see from the photo, I have long, thick hair. That's kind of a big deal.

If you're a safety freak like me, you'll be happy to know the curling wand comes with a heat proof glove that you can use to spiral your hair around the stick. I found it incredibly helpful, as I don't like to burn myself.

This product is amazing. The only drawback is the price. It's not cheap. The Corioliss Curling Wand is $99.99. And that's the sale price. If you're pinching pennies right now, like me, you may have to think twice.

That being said, you definitely get your money's worth. Plus, the curling wand is one of the bestselling curling irons on the Misikko website, which says a lot. So, if maintaining your hair is a high priority and you love quality products, this curling wand may be worth every penny in the long run.

I would definitely think about purchasing it, especially if you long to have bouncy curls that last all day.

And while you're on the Misikko website, be sure to check out the Chi flat iron (I own the pink one and I am a HUGE fan) and their Corioliss flat irons.

I hope you have a great weekend!

50 comments:

Marianna Papagiannopoulou said...

Wow!
Amazing hairstyle!
I like it!

Marianna
http://thefairytalegirl.blogspot.com/

a woman's right to shoes said...

What a great review! And your hair looks amazing!

Tanvi said...

Absolutely AWESOME!!! :)

♡ from © tanvii.com
Apothica Giveaway

Audrey Allure said...

Sounds great! I reviewed a similar item but from NuMe, and it works just as great!

Mikaela said...

I want curls too! I don't have hair long enough :(

xx
absofuckinglutely

Bel said...

Sounds great! Your hair looks amazing! :)

Belly B
http://www.bforbel.com

Amber Lucas A Mused Blog said...

Your hair is so pretty and shiny! I love it. You know what's super funny? I kinda want this - and I have curly hair. LOL. I straighten my hair, only to curl it. It's true. But then, I rarely straighten my hair...But when i do, I curl it.

Hurray to this awesome company for gifting you awesome products!

I hope you have a wonderful sun-shiny weekend Jennifer!

Amber

MG said...

I suck at these. I need one of those gloves so I don't burn the shit out of my fingers but they are awesome!

daisychain said...

HAIR ENVY!

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous hair!
Fab review, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Oh to Be a Muse said...

just this morning i thought to myself, i need a new curling iron. i was curling my hair before work and realized that these curls were definitely not going to stay for 8 hours! maybe i'll invest in this as your curls look wonderful after an entire day.

Josie said...

It looks amazing -- and a fantastic review! You have the most stunning hair, honestly.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Courtney Erin said...

I need a new curling iron soon...this totally sounds worth a try!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great weekend for U2!
Nice hair!

Lisa said...

Wow I'm really impressed with your curls they look fantastic and I cant believe you did it in 10 min that is seriously amazing. So neat that your mom is a cosmetologist she can color your hair for you whenever you want to change it up that is so cool!! Haha

Sherin said...

Ooo, your hair looks amazing curled! Love it. The curlers sound great.

joei ♥ said...

Hi Jennifer! Thanks for visiting my site :) hope you got your mocha frap already! Anyway, follow each other? :)

Definitely, Maybe

Kate L. said...

Lovely! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Fashion Cat
www.firstlookbook.blogspot.com

JUST ME said...

No can do on the $100 price tag (seriously?!) but I adore curls and those look adorbs on you!!

Bonnie said...

Your hair looks way too awesome to be natural.
I think you're wearing a wig.
I kid.
But I'm super jealous and am trying to hide my jealousy in denial.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Jen said...

Perfect for a night out!! The volume is amazing!

Happy Friday Dear! xo

Venus Loves Virgo said...

Great hairstyle! Love the curls! Have a great weekend XOXO

MY REPUBLIC OF FASHION said...

Loving those curls!! Cool review! Have to say, I'd be lost without my curing wand. :)SarahD

Chyrel Gomez said...

miss my long hair all of a sudden! have a great weekend!

-E- said...

oh man i love curly hair. i should get my gf one of those.

Punctuation Mark said...

i love that... will check it out because this summer it's better to curl that flatten... have a nice weekend!

Tights Lover said...

Your hair looks amazing. It sounds like a great product...even for the price!

Have a great weekend...aiight then?

fashioneggpplant said...

wow, i am amazed! i wanna rush out right now and get me one! :)

Meri said...

I find it so depressing that the really nice styling tools are always so expensive! Especially since I tend to break things...

Jelena Zivanovic said...

yes of course it's AWESOME!!!!gorgeous!!!!!!it's so shiny and healthy,u have amazing hair my dear!:)) enjoy your weekend!!!
kisses
Jelena
http://glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com/

Renisha said...

the curls look lovely
thanks for commenting on my blog
may be we can follow each other!!

JoaNNa said...

wow your hair look gorgeous! normally i curl my hair with my straightener coz i like the curls i get from it more. but i have to say that this seems great! ;)

Dilan Dilir said...

lovely hairstyle!

yiqin; said...

nice hair!

Vix said...

That looks brilliant. Your hair is so long and gorgeous it must be some product to curl your lovely long locks. xxx

lifeontherocks said...

wow! great hairstyle....looks awesome! nice review

Anonymous said...

So pretty:)

Unknown said...

that's awesome! i'd love to give that thing a try! <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

Alicia said...

I'm jealous! Whenever I take the 14 hours to curl my hair I always burn my fingertips... And then have lopsided curls...

joei ♥ said...

Great review! Thats my frustration. My hair's too straight and even when I try to curl it, it doesn't stay! :(

Definitely, Maybe

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

What a fabulous wand to make your hair so beautiful!

Mimi said...

it sounds great! and i like your hair! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Roxy Heart said...

That's really pretty.
http://www.fashuhneestah.com/

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Wow, amazing how long the hair stayed curly for you! And you seem to really have some heavy thick hair too!

Imogen said...

Gorgeous. I would do almost anything in the world to have your hair. I love curly hair I just can't get it right with my hair. I'd love to have long curly hair. Also curls that stay in the next day that is pretty amazing.

Rachel - Notes from my closet said...

This is a great result! when I have curled my hair in the past it just falls out within a couple of hours! :)

Love, vanilla

P.s I have moved to http://notesfrommycloset.blogspot.com/

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Sounds like an awesome product and your hair looks so pretty! I never curl my hair before because I have deadly straight hair but now I'm really into soft curls I've seen on so many girls! xoxoxoo

Unknown said...

Your hair looks simply beautiful (and you are also a looker yourself :D).Coriolissimo Black Dryer

Unknown said...

how hot does it get?

Reginald Parker said...

Thanks for your sharing, it helps me a lot and I think I'll watch your post more.
Hair curling iron manufacturer