Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Awards

The past week has been a whirlwind. I have been so busy and will continue to be extremely busy until next weekend. Not only have I been crazy busy at work, but during my free time I am also giving driving lessons to an Indonesian woman (one of my mom's coworkers). It has been paying a little extra cash (20 bucks an hour) and it will finally (hopefully) end Thursday morning when I take this woman to get her driver's license. I have also been freelancing for a "hip" yuppie local magazine to earn a few extra bucks (doing food reviews, fashion features, etc.) and I just started freelancing for an online fashion mag (for fun). Phew.

And today was my three year anniversary at the newspaper. It's strange to think I have been a working woman for three years. Ever since I was little, I dreamed of being a newspaper reporter, and now here I am at 25 years old, writing for one of the most-read newspapers in the nation. Kind of cool.

Anyway, I received a couple of awards recently.

This gorgeous award was given to me by Couture Carrie who has one of the coolest (and most inspirational) fashion blogs out there. Thanks CC!


I am going to pass this award on to:

La Femme Chic

Euphoria Swarms In

The Realm of Aesthetics

Planet Plum

Tia Cherie

Too Haute to Handle

And now...


This fab award was given to me by Imogen at Tia Cherie. She has a lovely blog I highly recommend. (Thanks for the award, Imogen! So sweet.).

I am going to pass this award along to the following fashionistas:

Savvy Mode

We Were Damsels

Little Violet Dress

Zarnas Runway

Qin at the Disco

Fashion CHALET

Fashion Pulse

13 comments:

starbrained said...

Me? An award? YAAAAAAAAAAY.
I'd like to thank my agent, my publisher, my editor, and of course every writer who has ever inspired me. LOL

Unknown said...

Yay, yet another tag in the same week. I've gotten three this week! I seriously think it's like award season though, for bloggers. Because awards have definitely been coming around.
Thanks Jennifer. :) And thanks for your comment.

I love your blog too.

Couture Carrie said...

You are so welcome, darling! You've earned these awards, so congrats!

xoxox,
CC

Fashion Moment said...

Thank you, very much, darling!
So lovely award!

FM~FP~AF

Angela said...

oh thanky you sweetie and congrat on the 3 years with your newspaper.

jane st. clair said...

OMG you are SOOOO sweet! that seriously made my day. i love it. i can't wait to post it on my blog and pass it on. thankyouthankyou.

i hope your student passes her test. good luck to her/you!

i'd love to get into freelance writing, but i imagine one has to have connections to make that happen, yes?

lots of love!

Liz said...

Congrats on the award, I just found your blog and I think it's great!

FASHION CHALET said...

Thanks for this!!! I like the name of it too. Fananza!! *giggle*

CHEERS and bless you!


xoooooo

Anonymous said...

congrats! you sound like you have a lot on yr plate but its certainly exciting.... cheers!

Unknown said...

awww.. congratulations on your award!! :)
you got lovely blog, though..
LOL

xx

Zarna said...

you're WONDERFUL.

thank you soo much - you made my day :)

-zarna
http://zarnasrunway.blogspot.com

Taylor S. said...

i really love your blog. i think its really unique. And the award are so cute. :)

Damsels said...

seriously ? THANK YOU So MUCH