Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Jenny Fest Part 2


The past few days have been blissful.

Jenn came and stayed with me for a few days, interrupting my state of unhappiness and turning it into something more cheerful.

She arrived on Monday evening and we went out to an old-fashioned diner for burgers and milkshakes. We also saw a really heart-warming film, “My Sister’s Keeper.”

On Tuesday we grabbed Kerrie for the day. We went vintage clothes shopping before heading to a local Spanish restaurant for tapas and a pitcher of Sangria.



We then did more shopping at local boutiques. (I was really good and only purchased a sparkling martini pin and a vintage beaded purse). It felt good to be surrounded by my two closest friends and to see them getting along so wonderfully.



After Kerrie went to work, Jenn and I did more shopping at some designer stores downtown, where Jenn bought a really cute dress for herself and a flannel shirt for her boyfriend.

We then had dinner with my boyfriend Rian at a popular pizzeria in midtown.

It was a lovely weekend.

This morning it was devastating to see her leave. As her car drove away, my heart felt heavy. She’s only been gone for less than a day and I miss her terribly. It’s hard not having your sister live in the same town, or even the same state.

But that’s life and we just have to deal with it.

11 comments:

Cesc said...

Now I'm seriously craving a big milkshake and burger! What a fun weekend you had...I need one of those.

xoxo
Cesc

LĂ©andre said...

Oh thanks you very much!
Your comment make me happy :)

Fashion Moment said...

Love this post, and the last photo - so lovely!

FM~FP~AF

Imogen said...

That sounds like a lovely weekend, I'm so pleased for you. The pictures are beautiful. I especially like the last one, so perfect. I felt sad when you explained at the end how she left. Also, I gave you on award on my blog.

Damsels said...

i like bot of your colorful tops
so that movie was good ?
thats surprising

jane st. clair said...

these pictures are so cute! so glad you two had a great weekend!!
xx


baleenplates.blogspot.com

Couture Carrie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful visit, darling! Glad it lifted your spirits a bit ~ your happiness shows in these photos!

xoxox,
CC

starbrained said...

Amazing shopping, My Sister's Keeper AND delicious food?! I'm jealous!

Amelia said...

That sounds so nice! I know what you mean about having to say goodbye, though. Spending time with someone you don't get to see all the time is always bittersweet.

Angela said...

hm... looks fun. have a fab weekend and thank you for the lovely b-day wish.

Jenben said...

It was one of the best "weekends" of my life. Love you so much, sister of mine ;-)