Couture Carrie recently passed this blog award (below) along to her Fellow Fashionistas, which included me! For a while, bloggers like CC have been inspiring me to put more fashion into my blog. I feel sad that while I share my life with you guys, I do not tend to share my style that much. So from now on, I'm going to try harder to do that!
Thank you so much CC for the fab award! :)
The award comes with a list. Enjoy!
Ten things that make my style unique:
1. Like roses, I thrive in the sun. Summer to me is wearing bright, colorful sundresses or a simple flowing white one.
2. My hair!
I chopped it off a year ago and it has since grown back. I am so grateful. I didn't feel like myself when it was gone and that scared me. Long hair is a part of who I am.
3. My strange preference for giant sunglasses.
4. I am not ashamed to cross-dress. I wore this outfit (my dad's tie and pair of boys trousers) to work one day and my conservative 60-year-old male editor loved it so much, he brought me a bagful of his old ties the very next day. Hehe.
5. My nose ring. It is such a common piercing, but I get asked about it all the time. And it inspired three friends to follow in my footsteps. :)
6. Wacky hats inspire me!
7. My obsession with Etro. It allows me to wear the most bizarre outfits and get away with it. (Kerrie and I are going to do a blog post about our Etro collections next month on our fashion blog.)
8. I gain twins. If you stick around with me long enough, you will start to dress like me. My cousin Stephanie bought this exact same dress from Urban Outfitters after she saw me wearing it a few months before. So obviously we had to wear them together!
9. I can sniff a bargain a mile away.
My mom made this skirt with fabric I bought for $1. The shirt was $3 on clearance at J.C. Penney. The hat was stolen (I mean, er, borrowed) from an ex-boyfriend.
I bought this dress from Target for $5 on clearance. Yay!
10. YOU! Every day your blogs inspire me. I am constantly discovering new styles I love (or hate! LOL) and finding ways of making that look my own. Thank you! XOXO
I am passing this award to all my followers and would love you to post 10 things that make your style unique!