Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My style!

Couture Carrie recently passed this blog award (below) along to her Fellow Fashionistas, which included me! For a while, bloggers like CC have been inspiring me to put more fashion into my blog. I feel sad that while I share my life with you guys, I do not tend to share my style that much. So from now on, I'm going to try harder to do that!

Thank you so much CC for the fab award! :)



The award comes with a list. Enjoy!

Ten things that make my style unique:

1. Like roses, I thrive in the sun. Summer to me is wearing bright, colorful sundresses or a simple flowing white one.






2. My hair!

I chopped it off a year ago and it has since grown back. I am so grateful. I didn't feel like myself when it was gone and that scared me. Long hair is a part of who I am.


3. My strange preference for giant sunglasses.



4. I am not ashamed to cross-dress. I wore this outfit (my dad's tie and pair of boys trousers) to work one day and my conservative 60-year-old male editor loved it so much, he brought me a bagful of his old ties the very next day. Hehe.



5. My nose ring. It is such a common piercing, but I get asked about it all the time. And it inspired three friends to follow in my footsteps. :)



6. Wacky hats inspire me!




7. My obsession with Etro. It allows me to wear the most bizarre outfits and get away with it. (Kerrie and I are going to do a blog post about our Etro collections next month on our fashion blog.)



8. I gain twins. If you stick around with me long enough, you will start to dress like me. My cousin Stephanie bought this exact same dress from Urban Outfitters after she saw me wearing it a few months before. So obviously we had to wear them together!



9. I can sniff a bargain a mile away.

My mom made this skirt with fabric I bought for $1. The shirt was $3 on clearance at J.C. Penney. The hat was stolen (I mean, er, borrowed) from an ex-boyfriend.

I bought this dress from Target for $5 on clearance. Yay!


10. YOU! Every day your blogs inspire me. I am constantly discovering new styles I love (or hate! LOL) and finding ways of making that look my own. Thank you! XOXO

I am passing this award to all my followers and would love you to post 10 things that make your style unique!

25 comments:

MJ said...

Great post - congratulations on the award, and it looks like you have a lot of fun with your fashion, which is the most important thing...

http://dreamingspiresandoldcartyres.blogspot.com

Ela said...

What a great list! I love that your editor gave you a bagful of ties the next day! I guess now you know if there's anything else of his you want...just wear it to work :)

Mom Fashion World said...

thanks for sharing your different outfits!
i love them all.
you're so pretty!
what a beautiful you have!

http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

Couture Carrie said...

Thanks for the shout-out, darling! Love your ten things... you and your collection of dresses are so gorgeous! And I love #4 - your take on menswear is tres chic! Keep up the fabulous work :)

xoxox,
CC

sherin said...

I love this post.
Your nose ring is so cool. I always wanted one but never thought it'd look that good on me.

Iva Messy said...

fabulous list!! GREAT JOB!

Angela said...

great post. it's so great to learn something about you. I am in the process of growing my hair again.

Anonymous said...

nice hair girl! and that dress on the first picture is lovely.

jane st. clair said...

i loved this post. it i actually feel like i know more about you now! you deserved the award. congrats!
xo,
the little violet dress

Julie @ ROJ Running said...

Great post, you're so good with using pictures in your work! Hmmm what makes my style unique? I don't have style. Ha. Mostly it's whatever I can throw on that day because I'm busy but when I DO care...

1) I am a sleeve fan I like long, puffy, colored, shaped, something that makes it a little different. 2) I don't wear make up, I look fresh and natural all day and never have to worry about touch ups. 3) I am always changing my hair - cut color style, whatever I like to try new concepts. 4) giraffes, no one can wears giraffes and giraffe print like me. 5) I don't "dress my age" I wear skirts and blouses my grandma and her sister sported when they were my age...I think there's class and sophistication we've lost with time.

Ok just 5!

Sophia said...

amazing post! i need to do the same thing, inject my style more into my blog. i'm working on it :)

and i love the one about hats. i LOVE crazy hats!!

Style & Beyond said...

congratulations!! thanks for stopping by my blog :)

hope you visit again soon!
PS: would love to have your long hair :)

iyam
www.styleandbeyond.blogspot.com

Imogen said...

Thanks for your lovely comment, you make me smile. I must stop spending money soon though. I really enjoyed reading this post and great pictures. I think you have a lot of style, I have seen enough of it to realise that. I am SO jealous of your hair, its perfect! and really suits you. I also love the wacky hats and the dress in the last picture, what a bargain.

Stéphanie said...

Congratulations for this award !

###### said...

cute pics and cute blog.

NICOLE said...

Congratulations Jennifer! You deserve it and I LOVE that you included a photo for each thing on your list! Gorgeous hair btw :)

TOMERea said...

thanks for the comment' and congratulations on the award! :D

Elaine said...

Great list! It was nice to learn fun things about you!! And also your pictures were very fun! I like your nose ring too. You have the perfect nose for it.


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

jane st. clair said...

hey woman.

i wanted to stop by and tell you that i gave you a kreativ blogger award on my blog.

xo,
the little violet dress

Damsels said...

your long hair is gorgeous . im glad you love it and condsider part of you .
i think its very feminine and i love it . i wish i could grow mine . but if i do my curls are weigghed down and it looks gross

Anonymous said...

love ur blog!

JOWY said...

CONGRATS ON THE BLOG AWARD AND THNX FOR SHARING UR FUNLOVING STYLE WITH US! LIKE IT ALLOT!

ONE LOVE,

JOWY


WWW.ISEEJANEMARY.BLOGSPOT.COM

Unknown said...

woww! hollywood????? i wanna go there!

xx

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good afternoon everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for that singular brand. The prices as regards the velcros were approximately 250 pounds on every site. But finally I bring about this area selling them for half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order those. what can you tell me about these?