Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Kerrie Lovely



I don't like to brag, but I have the most fabulous friends ever. If you have been following my blog long enough, you know about my sister Jenny Benny and my bff Jonny.

There have been a million posts about my bff/sister/soulmate/twin Kerrie. But she deserves a tribute too, dammit! Haha.

We recently went to the carnival.


(me)


(Kerrie)

While we were riding the carousel, it occurred to me that I probably would not have survived the past few years without her by my side. I think she would say the same about me. We have both been through so much. Crazy boyfriends, girls after our boyfriends, stalkers, Morrissey, wild parties, obsessive shopping sprees, passing-out-in-the-middle-of-a-busy-street, etc.

I doubt 2010 will be much different.

To put it all into one post would be absolutely insane. It would be the longest post in the history of blogging.

So, here are a few of my favorite Kerrie and Jenny moments from 2009.

Enjoy!

"What the hell are you girls doing?!."

This photo was taken in an Urban Outfitters dressing room just moments before some bitch employee kicked us out. Apparently cigarettes and cameras aren't allowed in dressing rooms anymore?? But that takes all the fun out of things! Oh well. This was also the day we each purchased our second pairs of Jimmy Choos!!


"Will you marry me?"

Those two guys in the photo may not seem that important to you, but those Brits were actually our ONE degree of separation from the sex god Morrissey. Yes, those were his roadies! There were about ten of them. They singled us out and invited us to spend a few (six) hours in their tour bus after the concert. After several beers we not only learned everything we could have wanted to know about Moz, but we even received marriage proposals from a couple of his (young, cute, not-pictured) back up musicians. You can read the whole story here.


"I'm swimming in a size two!"

Kerrie and I tend to have parallel lives and similar problems. And sometimes we have completely opposite problems that result in the same frustrations. For instance, Kerrie lost 20 pounds in 2009 and I gained 20 pounds in 2009. We both literally could not fit into 90 percent of our closets anymore. It was humorous (for her) and sad (for me).


"Can I buy you girls a drink?"

We had been sitting at the Oak Room on a warm summer night when a polished young man approached us and offered to buy us drinks. He ravished us with adjectives about our beauty and then invited us to a party. Everything was going fine until his girlfriend showed up. Haha.


"And the winner is..."

Kerrie and I spend many Friday nights at wild parties downtown. After a few bottles glasses of champagne one night, Kerrie and I ended up the center of attention at one party last summer. Kerrie dragged me on stage during the concert and we danced for a crowd of thousands. Afterward, we took our dance moves to a street dance contest where we competed against seven other girls. I'm not sure how it happened but the audience chose me as the winner with Kerrie coming in at a close second. All I won were a pair of panties...and my pride.



"I'm going to jump the train, Jenny!"


For a long time, Kerrie and I have been living hobo-chic. In other words, we hang out by the railroad tracks downtown, dressed up in our finest designer clothing, and drink champagne and eat pink sparkly cake. It takes a certain degree of confidence to mingle with real-life hobos while wearing Prada heels and a Nanette Lepore jacket.



"I can't believe we've been together for 12 hours and I'm still not sick of you."


This is actually a vintage photo of Kerrie & me from a few years ago. I think it was the day we decided we were best friends. We spent the entire day together (8 a.m. to midnight). We went to the mall where we received Chanel makeovers, we went vintage hat shopping, we spent $200 at the fanciest French restaurant in town, and then we snuck into The Nutcracker premiere at a theater downtown.


And here are our best friends rings (matching owl rings from Forever 21)



I'm so lucky to have Kerrie in my life. Isn't she fabulous?

42 comments:

Ton Amour said...

I love you.

Leah said...

Such fun and fabulous photos to chronicle your friendship. Real friends are hard to find so take care of those who are real. They will do more for you than you can imagine.

xoxo

Treacle said...

There is nothing like a true friend. What a sweet thing to do for her. :-)

Viva La Fashion said...

its not bragging if its true. and from the photos it seems like you guys are tight. :)

Nandi said...

It's great to have a friend like that! What is a girl's life without one! You and Kerrie look way cute together!

xxoo
N

Leia said...

This is soooo lovely. Thanks so much for sharing! You are lucky to have such an amazing friend :D

Sherin said...

Isn't it great to have a friend like that. I have a friend here whenever we go out, we have epic amounts of fun and nothing goes wrong.

I love the pictures of you guys! They were so much fun to look at.

Nina said...

It's a gift to have a close a girlfriend as Kerrie is to you ... how wonderful that you are always there for each other!

Barry said...

Jen, having grown as close as we've become I don't need to explain the reasons why this post puts such a huge smile on my face. It makes me incredibly happy anytime I read about the two of you like this. *sigh*

You have many friends who love you, we're just separated by geography that's all.

Mina said...

You two have a rare friendship! Those pictures are so cute! Lol, and I love those rings!

M said...

You are lucky to have such a great friend! Be sure to never lose each other, it happens way too easily.

Mina said...

I tagged you in an award!

daisychain said...

what a super sweet post

Couture Carrie said...

Fabulous bragging! Love this post and all the wonderful pics!!

xoxox,
CC

Ela said...

It is so wonderful to have friendship like that. To share so much, to be there through anything and everything. You are both so blessed to have each other.

Have a wonderful New Year's, hon!
xoxo

Chicago Chic said...

This is so sweet, and there is nothing like good friends! I LOVED your story about Morrissey...I have had so many crazy nights with good friends in college chasing boys in our favorite bands, my goal was to meet everyone I could and I came pretty close to meeting all of my favourites BUT never Morrissey, that would be amazing just that entire experience. Love you and your blog is just a joy to read each day!

xoxo
Rachel

MJ said...

So cute - you look so happy together! I'm glad you have such lovely friends :)

http://dreamingspiresandoldcartyres.blogspot.com

Cafe Fashionista said...

Fabulous friends are a must have in any girls life - I'm so glad that you and Kerrie have each other. What a fabulous tribute!! :)

Tights Lover said...

That is so great. I'm glad you have such a good friend...you certainly deserve it. I hope you too create many more fabulous memories!

Nikosmommy said...

A BFF is a beautiful thing! You're blessed!!

Leah said...

Happy New Year Jennifer! xoxo

Julia said...

You're so lucky to have such a good friend. I enjoyed reading about all of your escapades! Have a wonderful new years eve.

xoxo
FashionEye

A Whimsical Girl Named Debbie said...

What a lovely and touching post! There's nothing like a bf to share your up and downs with. And, you're fabulous, too, my dear! Here's to blessed and prosperous New Year!
http://girlwhimsy.blogspot.com

Melanie's Randomness said...

Ooo Ooo Yeah! I always get happy when you do a post because I love seeing what your going to do next!! Ya know this is absolutely awesome that you have a best friend that goes & does things with you especially going on a carousel!!! My best frend Danielle is like this. We try on clothes & go make mischief where-ever we can. I like how your smiling in every picture!!! I'm glad that you have such a great gal pal!!! =)

Cheers dear to your New Year!! Big *Hugs*

Sandy said...

I am so happy you have such a wonderful friend in your life. While I have girlfriends, I don't really have a bff ... the 2 woman who used to be have gone off and had families and while we still get along, our lives have gone in very different directions. You know the drill.
My wish for you in 2010 is that you have THE most amazing year of your life. The potential is always there ... the power lies within yourself.
You're an awesome person and don't ever let ANYONE tell you different!
**HUGE HUGS**

starbrained said...

Awww I remember some of these stories that you've shared with us. The one with the dressing room still cracks me up.

Fashion Court said...

aw, this is such a sweet post!

oh and ps: i hate fitting room attendants (is that what they're called? or something ;p) that are jerks. a camera is not really a big deal!

Anonymous said...

This was such a great post !:) It made me so happy, because I have the most amazing best friends also (four fabulous girls) and this is the first year we are apart. I miss them like crazy(one is in the dominican republic as a foreign exchange student, I'm in the US and the other 2 are at home in Finland). Although we are apart until the summer we are still as close as ever and we still help each other get through stuff and without them I don't know what I would do. It's really hard to be away from them..
It really is amazing to wonderful friends to lean on.

Have a amazing new year ! :)

o said...

what a fun post!:D u girls are a match made in heaven:) i enjoyed reading the fun things u girls did:D happy new year, jennifer!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Becky Tjandera said...

Aww that's so much fun ! You two must be lucky to have each other . I wish I will find my BFF soon haha . And a lot of nice activities to do with your BFF . Haha . Oh btw Happy Birthday dear ! I know it's kinda late :( And Happy New Year ! xoxoxox

yiqin; said...

Love the effects of the photos :)

issye margaretha kamal said...

looks really fun !follow my twitter please . www.twitter.com/issyemargaretha . thank you sweet .

issye margaretha kamal said...

looks really fun !follow my twitter please . www.twitter.com/issyemargaretha . thank you sweet .

Audrey Allure said...

aw that's wonderful! i love reminiscing on old photos & great times. lovely photos!

Keith said...

Happy New Year! I hope you've been having a great holiday season. Mine has been wonderful except for my cable modem dying on me. I just did a new post with a big announcement in it. I hope you'll check it out. Thanks. Take care. Have a fantastic holiday weekend. Cheers!

Jade Purple Brown said...

i love the first picture, its so cool!

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

Oh, friendship...just makes your heart warm. Love the photos, hope you have a wonderful NYE.

Paul Wynn said...

You so love your friends! And they all have fashion sense... hot hot! Thanks for stopping by and tell pops, Oregon has been snowing ... like crazy the last few years! Happy New Years Jennifer!

Phoebe Rose said...

This is such a sweet post! There is nothing quite like your best friend.
Have a happy new year! Thanks for all your comments this year i've loved reading your blog :)

http://flowergirlfashion.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Happy New Year!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi-ya i am fresh on here, I came upon this board I find It very accessible and it has helped me out alot. I hope to contribute and guide other people like its helped me.

Thank You, See You Later

Anonymous said...

Aloha i'm new on here, I came accross this website I have found It absolutely helpful and its helped me alot. I should be able to give something back and aid others like its helped me.

Thanks Everyone, Catch You Later.