Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Blue Box Girl



If I had just a whisper of Audrey's charm, a mere thread of her style, and a simple taste of her optimism, I would be a better woman, a million times over.

And you can quote me on that.



"On the one hand maybe I’ve remained infantile, while on the other I matured quickly, because at a young age I was very aware of suffering and fear."



"If I’m honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all."



"Everything I learned I learned from the movies."



"Happy girls are the prettiest"



"Make-up can only make you look pretty on the outside but it doesn't help if you're ugly on the inside. Unless you eat the make-up."



"I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person."



"I have to be alone very often. I'd be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That's how I refuel."



"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles."



"Paris is always a good idea."


"True friends are families which you can select."


"Success is like reaching an important birthday and finding you're exactly the same."



"I have learned how to live, how to be in the world and of the world,and not just to stand aside and watch. And I will never never again run away from life. Or from love, either"


"As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, the other for helping others."

38 comments:

Natasha said...

Happy girls are the prettiest... I couldn't agree more!
p.s. here's my favorite saying: 'Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.' Unknown author

Anonymous said...

hye ...very nice post .... i am agree with Natasha that fashion is art not dress our any jewelry .......
http://fashionstyle-pk.blogspot.com

Meri said...

This is such a lovely post. I have never seen that photo with her hair long and the fawn. Its so charming! She was such an enchanting person, still is! I love her.

Unknown said...

I love to read great quotes, that's so inspiring! :)



xoxo
Antonia

FASHION IMPERATIVE

Gayatri said...

Fairy tales really are the best of all. Love the last photo of her :)

Sarah said...

I adore her, so much.
x

David Macaulay said...

nice post Jennifer - sadly movie stars are just not as stylish today.

Once Upon A Time... said...

wow these quotes are fantastic! i love all of them, especially the last one!

jos xx

The Blonde Duck said...

I wish I could be as lovely as her!

StyleIDnet said...

I love her vision and perspective of life. I agree that laugh is one, if not the most important thing in life.
I love to read her quote about make up making you only prettier on the outside.
I wished I would have payed more attention to people telling me that on my teenage years.


http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
http://styleidcloset.blogspot.com/

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ditto...She was one in a million!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

She is one of my favorites. I love that she believes in pink!
xoRobyn

Melanie's Randomness said...

What amazing quotes!! Audrey was an awesome lady! She is one of the people that I wish I could've had the chance to meet.

julie fedderson said...

Such a class act. The second to last quote is my favorite.

Punctuation Mark said...

breakfast at Tiffany's definitely one of the best of all time!

A Certain Vintage said...

oh these pictures are just as beautiful as audrey pictures always are. truly, the kindness in her heart is what continues to make her still so appealing for so many still today. Inner beauty is a powerful thing :)
x

Bonnie said...

She has some of the greatest.quotes.EVER.
This is why I have 8 posters of her in my room.
No lie.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Ann said...

Love Audrey...

her style, wit, and her movies ♥

And I am loving your blog,
first-time here,
ans I'm now a new follower!

Josie said...

I want to BE her. I love her so much. And how much does she look like Natalie Portman in that black-and-white profile shot?
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Glee said...

The are such inspiring quotes, thank you so much Jennifer for sharing. Very true, happy girls are the prettiest!

Hugs,
Glee

mandeep said...

A number of enterprise reputation management software
solutions exist in the international market. These
software services are typically designed to connect
organizations to their stakeholders, track
the orchestration of stakeholder engagement and analyse,
measure and manage the results.

Reputation management
is an
absolute necessity for automotive dealers in today’s
viral world.

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

I'm loving this feature, such incredibly and sweet quotes.

FashionJazz said...

What a stunning post babe, love great quotes! Happy Thursday xx

A BRIT GREEK said...

I LOVE YOU for doing this post, she has ultimately been such a huge influence in movies for me... I loved who she grew into more than anything else, she was so generous and kind...

Awwww.
x.o.x.o

Chyrel Gomez said...

love all the words of wisdom.

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous post!
Love Audrey!

xoxox,
CC

Cafe Fashionista said...

Audrey was full of so much amazing wisdom! :)

Tara said...

Nice post, beautiful photos :D

JUST ME said...

What I wouldn't do for legs like Audrey's...

Amber Lucas A Mused Blog said...

These are such wonderful up-lifting quotes!
I love her. Didn't she own a pet deer or something? So freaking cool. I think I watched a bio on her, and I was blown away by her early childhood and everything she experienced. Quite remarkable.

Thank you so much for my birthday wishes!
Amber
Ambersmouthwash

Movies on my Mind said...

These are such lovely quotes. She seems so wise, like wise beyond her years. I've always thought of myself as an old soul in a young body. I think Audrey and I would've made a great couple.

Sherin said...

I love all these quotes. Audrey Hepburn was such an inspiration!

Tights Lover said...

Love this post.

Never saw the photo of her in fishnets before. I love it!

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

That first drawing is soo beautiful! Also love the last pic :)

ninam said...

Audrey is so beautiful and inspiring!

I gave you an award on my blog :)

xoxonina

Venus Loves Virgo said...

Beautiful! XOXO

Marie said...

She sure was beautiful inside and out.:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Vani said...

Amazing post!
Audrey really was a remarkable woman.
xoxo

Thedressingbooth