Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Journalist. Mother. Bunny enthusiast. Pop culture junkie.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Dinner Party



My darling Jonny came to town again for the weekend! We are having lots of fun but I just had to show off one event in particular which epitomizes why I love this man so much.

He is absolute class.

On Saturday evening, Jonny prepared an Italian dinner party. It was spectacular. He's like the freaking male Martha Stewart or something.

Romantic music filled the air. The fragrance of fresh flowers hit our noses from every angle. Cocktails and wine were on hand. Champagne was flowing.

And the food. Oh my god. The food. Jonny and his father spent all afternoon cooking a five-course meal. Hot pepper jam. Gourmet cheese. Hummus. Basil tomato flatbread pizza. Strawberry spinach salad. Greek olives. Angel hair pasta and tomatoes drizzled olive oil. Chicken Parmesan. Cannolis. Grapefruit sorbet with fresh blackberries.

Um, yeah.

It was ridiculous.

Here are some photos:











And that, my friends, is how fabulous is done!

After the meal, we sat around and chatted for a couple hours. Jonny was the perfect host, always making sure drinks were refilled and that a lovely time was being had by all.

I had not seen our mutual friend John (pictured below) in two years, so we had a lot of catching up to do! We also played with Jonny's new beagle puppy, Schmooey.





Good wine, good food, good friends. It was one of the loveliest evenings I have had in a very long time.

I hope your weekend was just as wonderful!

35 comments:

JUST ME said...

The Italian side of me is very, very jealous!!

So happy you had a great (and classy) weekend!

Sierra said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time and that beagle is just precious!

Barry said...

What a fantastic evening! We should all have friends like this. :)

ninam said...

This looks soo delicious!! Seems like a marvelous night :)

xoxonina.com

Shannon said...

sounds delightful.

and the pics of the food made me huuuuuuungry!

Bonnie said...

I'm so mad that you didn't invite me.
Bitch.
I kid.
But still ...
Mmmmkay. I'm over it.
LOVE YOU.
(P.S. If I was there, I would have eaten all of that shit and left none for you because it looks that amazing.)

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Anonymous said...

very nice party ... i like your pictures ....
http://fashionstyle-pk.blogspot.com/

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Awwwww, that pizza looks delish!!! I am starving!! Can you tell?

Stephanie said...

Now THAT is a friend. But I guess he can't be offered the local job, since he lives far. He's more of a...contractor.

Andrés Corella said...

Ohh everything looks so cool..and you look dashing! The food I bet it was delicious!

xx
Andy
The Black Label

stylenuggets said...

We all need a friend like him to show us how it's done. Look at that delicious food!

Unknown said...

Ummm yummy! So glad you had a great time my dear, it all looks amazing:-)

lifeontherocks said...

u look sooo adorable in all the pics. nice to know that u had a wonderful time :)

Meri said...

It looks like an impeccably done dinner party! Its been waaay too long since I had one. The last one I did was a sushi making one :)

Josie said...

Sooo... I'm in my dorm room eating granola straight out of the box and being outrageously jealous. No big. I want Jonny to be my bestie. Scratch that -- I want to BE Jonny.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Oh this looks dreamy! He really does sound like such an incredible great guy!

Sherin said...

The dinner party looks like a lot of fun. And OMG the food!! It all looks delicious.

Once Upon A Time... said...

that food looks really delicious!!! you have one amazing friend!

jos xx

daisychain said...

the food looks incredible! (and so do you)

-E- said...

dear lord, i wish i could cook italian food of that quality! perhaps then i could lure you to my house (sorry for the creepiness again).

Olga said...

I'm a little jealous of you. The food looks so tempting, and you look completely happy!

Baby Budget Blog said...

Yums to the food!!

www.plentyforpennies.com

Grazziella said...

Miam it's seems delicious ^^


http://faceitwiththesmile.blogspot.com/
Peace from France

Natasha said...

First of all... Lucky you!
Second of all, did you get his autograph for me? Did he mention me?! :)
And finally... those are some really tasty foods! :)

Gayatri said...

That food looks divine. Inspired me to cook pasta for dinner today :)

Couture Carrie said...

So fun, darling!
You look so gorgeous and happy!

xoxox,
CC

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I'm wishing I lived nearby. I would've happened to have been in the neighborhood at dinner time.
You've got a fabulous life.
Keep enjoying!
xoRobyn

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Guess you were trying to make me drool huh?

Katie said...

Wow, I'm so hungry now. Looks like Jonny knows how to treat his friends right! Glad you had fun :)

joei ♥ said...

Sounds like a really lovely night. And the food looks delish!

Definitely, Maybe

Cafe Fashionista said...

Okay, so Jonny seriously needs to be my BFF, because not only is he adorbs, the boy can cook like no other! Gah! This food looks incredible! :)

love jenny xoxo said...

yummm, that looks so delicious!!! I wish I someone who could cook for me like that!!

XOXO

Damsels said...

that pizza looks spectacular ! i love men who cook.

StyleIDnet said...

Wow, that sounds GREAT!! I need a friend like him. The food looked delicious and the details were amazing.
Happy you had a nice time.

http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
http://styleidcloset.blogspot.com/

Wenni Donna said...

Wow!! Your dinner looks really awesome. Loved the dishes and planning to prepare a party at event venues Chicago. Would love to have some new and unique dishes for my dinner. Had booked one of best catering services. Going to hire floral decorating services too!